Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Not so overstated after all

I posted on the letter I sent to the Christian Peacemakers Team, whose members were kidnapped recently in Iraq. I ventured that the CPT members may politically err on the side of the terrorists and I endured a mild temperature increase because of it.

From the mouth of one of the abductee's daughter, I wasn't wrong:
Katherine Fox's father, Tom Fox of Clearbrook, Virginia, is one of four Western aid workers that a group calling itself "Swords of Truth" has threatened to kill unless Iraqi detainees are released by Thursday.

In a transcript of an interview with ABC's "Nightline" programme, Fox said her father was in Iraq working on behalf of Iraqi detainees and their families.

She said she wanted to remind her father's captors that he opposed the U.S. occupation of Iraq and had campaigned against it.

"And that the work that he is there to do is the same work that they would like to see done. And that I do not think a loss of his life benefits their cause," Fox said.

free web counters
Blue Nile Diamonds