Monday, August 15, 2005

Your son would be ashamed.

I've been giving Ms. Sheehan, who lost her son in Iraq and has camped out at Bush's ranch in Crawford, the benefit of the doubt. Grief can do strange things to people. But I think it mainly enhances what was already there. My charity for Ms. Sheehan ended today.

Along with the rest of her family, I apparently think more of her son's sacrifice than Ms. Sheehan.

Ms. Sheehan was originally impressed with President Bush's disposition and treatment of her when they met. But now that she's stirred the anti-war left, she's made Crawford, Texas the official world capitol of the Hate America/Israel front and the media has gleefully elected her president. She either hated America before the war in Iraq, or she's realized that you get more camera time when you dribble terror talking-points:
"You get America out of Iraq and Israel out of Palestine and you'll stop the terrorism," Sheehan declares.
Ms. Sheehan, I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sorry that you're willing to embarrass yourself and your son's memory by incorrectly and inappropriately sourcing terror at Israel's existence. I'm sorry you won't be paying your taxes anymore and your arrogance in assuming that military families across the country don't need the well-deserved, albeit stingy, income and benefits.

Ms. Sheehan, I'm sure your son loved you very much, in spite of yourself.

Froggy gets it. So does Michelle.

free web counters
Blue Nile Diamonds