Tuesday, July 12, 2005

And it wasn't because his country was in Iraq.

Dutch filmmaker Theo VanGogh was stabbed repeatedly in the streets of Amersterdam and his dead body was then shot multiple times. A note was left on his body by his Muslim murder. What did Mr. VanGogh perpetrate against the Muslim people to justify his butchering?

Did Mr. VanGogh's country make war on a Muslim country? No. Did Mr. VanGogh desecrate a Koran by giving it an evil stare? No. Did Mr. VanGogh bomb a mosque? No.

He made a film about the harsh conditions women have to endure for the crime of being born into Islam. Subserience, honor killings, torture. For telling the truth about Islam, a moderate member of the faith sliced him up in public at a time of day usually associated with sunning yourself.

Mr. VanGogh's killer was in court today. Here's the Muslim version of remorse:

The man accused of killing Dutch filmmaker Theo van Gogh confessed to a
Dutch court that he acted out of his religious beliefs, saying he would do
"exactly the same" if he were ever set free.

"I take complete responsibility for my actions. I acted purely in
the name of my religion
," 27-year-old Dutch-Moroccan national Mohammed
Bouyeri told the court in Amsterdam on the final day of his trial.

"I have to admit I do not feel for you, I do not feel your pain, I
cannot -- I don't know what it is like to lose a child," he said as Van Gogh's
family and friends looked on.

"I cannot feel for you ... because I believe you are an
infidel
," he added.

"I acted out of conviction -- not because I hated your
son."

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. This simply cannot be. Everyone knows Muslims murder because America is evil, not because they have convictions based on the text of their religious book. His broken Dutch must have confused translators.

free web counters
Blue Nile Diamonds