Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Going back into retail?

In what can be described as Mark Dayton's only lucid thought since taking office in 2000, he said this:
"I'm announcing today that I will not seek re-election to the Senate next year," the one-term senator announced during an afternoon conference call.

"Everything I've worked for and everything I believe in depends upon this Senate seat remaining in the Democratic caucus in 2007. I do not believe that I am the best candidate to lead the DFL party to victory next year."
Maybe the 15 point drop in his approval rating gave him that impression. Minnesotans should rejoice in unison. Dayton's been an embarrassment. From being the only Senator to abandon his D.C. office before the Presidential Election to calling Condi Rice an out-and-out liar on the Senate floor, Dayton is nearly qualified enough to be a speed-bump.

Looking for a strong Democratic candidate, the party is currently looking for someone who can walk and chew gum. Simultaneously is a bonus.

free web counters
Blue Nile Diamonds